Thursday, September 2, 2010

Crafting + Viruses = FAIL

Knitting FAIL! Thanks to a nasty stomach bug I ended up having to frog and reknit 5 rows of work yesterday, meaning I only got a grand total of 156 stitches truly complete. Suckage, but at least I caught the mistake before it was MORE than 5 rows.



Work is slow going on repurposing my college boy's room into my craft room. The carpet is finally non-smelly. I have yet to patch up the walls and sand them down,though I have managed to wash them all. This week the hubby helped me out by painting our son's old, decrepit chiffarobe from silver to black.

Here's what we started out with.






Here's what it looks like after a quick paint job.



The backing board was just soaking up paint, and never looking any better, so we've decided to get a few black & white graphic posters and glue them into the back. I'm thinking maybe of the Eiffel Tower, or Big Ben.

The shelves are still outside drying, but once they're done this is going to become the home of all of my fabric! I'll use the side shelves to hold folded fabric, with bins in the bottom to hold scraps. The drawer will hold my sewing basket and all of my thread spools. I can't wait to get organizing!!

No comments: