Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Good Things...

This week is full of a lot of negative IRL things, it seems, so I'm posting a few GOOD things that happened in the last week or so to keep me optimistic and perky.
First, for my birthday last Tuesday, my mother got me an apron that I adore! The best part? IT WORKED!!

Then, today, I received a parcel in the mail. I wasn't expecting anything, and didn't recognize the return address. I opened it - cautiously, because I'm a big ninny about that kind of stuff - and found this:


I had won a Goodreads giveaway, and gotten a published-but-not-yet-released book! The author also included a little hand-written note, a peridot charm, and a booklet with an excerpt from a book she's releasing under a different name. SO exciting!

The charm, by the way, has already been turned into a stitch marker, and I even made another with the ankh taped to the sample booklet!

  



To finish up my good things list, the dog and Gunther just did the CUTEST thing right in front of me, AND I had the camera handy from shooting the book goodies. You don't get a picture of that until tomorrow, though, for my Pet Portrait Wednesday post!

No comments: