Sunday, November 7, 2010

NaKnitMo


I joined the NaKnitMo group on Ravelry. I missed out last year, only finding out about this gem at the end of the month. This year I almost forgot again! Hey, no judging, alright? I've been battling pneumonia, and my youngest had a tonsillectomy on Friday. Right now I'm doing well to remember my name.

Anyways, getting back to the point, I cast on a Coal Springs Scarf for a teacher's gift for my youngest on October 30th. I figured since I was sitting around bored to death recovering I might as well get a tedious project out of the way. Don't get me wrong...I loved the pattern, truly...it's just that a scarf project is SO boring. Same repeat time and time and time and time again until it's FINALLY long enough. I figured that this scarf was perfect for starting out NaKnitMo with. Turns out I was right. My goal of 30,000 stitches is now 9, 360 closer for my efforts, AND I've finished my second Christmas gift of the season!

Now. About the pattern. I strongly recommend this pattern for anyone just venturing into the world of stranded knitting. There are no wraps necessary, making it an ideal beginner project, and tension won't be as much of a problem as normal as it's a scarf...which means that any discrepancies would be easily hidden. I'd rate it medium on the difficulty scale, simply because it is a stranded project, and the end result makes it a show-stopper. In other words, what are you waiting for? Grab some needles and make one, already!

No comments: