Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Farewell, Old Friend...

Last night my favorite coffee cup left this realm to enter that great kiln in the sky. He did not pass peacefully, but violently. Waiting until I picked him up, full of hot java, to come apart at the handle. The heat of the coffee bouncing off my chest, stomach, and legs was not enough to numb my pain at the loss.

Farewell, Old Friend...I'd say you'd be missed, but after breaking AND burning me? Yeah, don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out, okay?


















In crafty-related news, I cast on a new pair of socks for myself Saturday night. Life has been throwing curve balls of the rotten vegetable and fruit variety my way lately, and I've found myself sinking deeper and deeper into the self-pity pool. I figured a new pair of handknit socks would perk me right up, and it certainly is working like a charm! The yarn is very busy...it's Bernat Sox Multi in Crazy Hot...so I had a little difficulty deciding on a pattern. Then I stumbled across RPM, which was published on Knitty in summer of 2006. TA-DA!!! PERFECTION!!!! So late Saturday night I cast on. I've just finished the cuff of sock #2 this morning, so I'm hoping that by Thursday (at the latest!) I'll have a new comfy, soft, pamper-me pair of socks to wear. WIN!!

I've also almost finished with the test-knit of my first design of the year. Only a little overstitching with my trusty Singer is left now, to secure the blanket to the backing. It. Is. Gorgeous. I'm hoping to finish it up this week, and get the write-up for my Etsy store done, as well. Stay tuned for it, I'm really proud of how it turned out!

No comments: