Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Contemptible

This whole writing experiment thing is supposed to be about positives. Well...not today. Tuesday is being quite gruesome to me.

It's 9:30AM. I've already driven 100 miles today. This isn't all bad. The Hubster's old, faithful work car is having a little tantrum, so I had to drive him to my parents' house this morning to pick up on of their vehicles for the day. Usually he would've just taken my SUV to work, and I would've stayed home with no vehicle for a day. No biggie for this gal. Our oldest is home from college, however, and had to work today...smack dab in the middle of The Hubster's shift, so I had to have a vehicle. After snagging some biscuits for breakfast and dropping the hubby off I headed back home to get the boys up and get the oldest delivered to work.

Did I mention that it is raining, none too gently, this morning?

After getting home and cramming biscuits in our face we left for our work drop-off run. Here is where the day went straight to Hades without passing "Go!". We got less than a mile down the road from our home and witnessed an assault. Yep. Two grown men (though acting like this in public makes me loathe to call them men). Screaming at each other, and one of them swinging a baseball bat at the other, hitting his car door and being very threatening. Other grown "men" (again, this is used as loosely as possible) were blocking the road in vehicles, and even standing around watching with their hands in their pockets...AND DOING NOTHING! This is the most despicable display of morality I have seen in quite some time. My 12-year old is terrified. He's asked me to keep the door shut and the alarm set at the house today, just so he can feel safe. A child that young should have NEVER:

  1. Had to witness a display of violence between adults who are supposed to know the heck better.
  2. Had to witness bystanders ALLOWING the violence, with no one stepping up to the plate to protest or put a stop to it.
Way to let a CHILD know that they aren't safe in their own towns, imbeciles. Way to let a CHILD know that, when they grow up, there is a good chance that when someone gets angry with them that they will be hit with a friggin' BAT. So, since I know that people that live around me read these posts. Since I know that there is a good chance that one or more of them know the people involved in this incident. I'm going to go on the record and say this:

TO THE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THIS INCIDENT, WHETHER YOU WERE WIELDING A BAT, SCREAMING, BLOCKING TRAFFIC, OR JUST STANDING AROUND WATCHING.

YOU ARE CONTEMPTIBLE. 

SHAME ON YOU. 

GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR RESPECTIVE REAR ENDS AND LEARN TO NEGOTIATE ANGER WITH WORDS, NOT VIOLENCE.

SET THE EXAMPLES YOU, OBVIOUSLY, MISSED OUT ON AS CHILDREN AND PUT AN END TO THIS TYPE OF IDIOTIC DISPLAY.

REALIZE THAT YOUR CHILDREN, GRANDCHILDREN, ETC., ARE LEARNING BY YOUR EXAMPLE, AND THE ONE YOU ARE SETTING IS REPREHENSIBLE.

Now that I've gotten this off of my chest it's time for me to log off. I have a 12-year old with serious emotional trauma to tend to. Thanks for that, you moronic scumbags.

No comments: