Saturday, November 8, 2008

Keeping it positive. . .

That's what I need to do, at least. So many little things happen that irritate me. They probably shouldn't bother me as much as they do. Now to figure out how to keep them off my mind and heart, to stop dwelling on them when there is so much more to my life than them. The only way I can think to do that is to only remind myself of the happy things, and that's what I'm going here. If I only post about what made me happy, then whenever I look back that is all I'm going to see. Fingers crossed that it works!

So yesterday I managed to accomplish more than I thought I would, which is positive #1. I managed to get quite a bit of crochet work done on a bed jacket for my grandmother, made a pot of navy beans, roma tomatoes stuffed with tuna salad and whole wheat rolls for the guys for dinner, got my bathroom sink scrubbed (along with the mirror), and 2 things that made me so very happy that I figured I'd draw special attention to them.
  1. I got my bedding washed. This is a HUGE job for me, because I'm allergic to dust. While most people can just throw their sheets in the wash, dry them, and toss them back on the bed I have to wash them in hot water, dry them on high heat, wash ALL of the sheets and blankets, vacuum the mattress and pillows and THEN remake the bed. It's pretty much an all day job, as comforters and home-sized dryers are not generally friends. The reason this makes me so happy is because I LOVE my bedroom. It's all purple and girly and beautiful!
  2. I actually felt well enough at around 11:30 yesterday morning to get up and bake a cake for my guys! I made a Pineapple Upside-Down cake, and made it with 2-9" round cake pans. I've never done it like that before, but I wanted to be able to store it well and don't have a 13"x9"x2" dish with an airtight cover. I do, however, have a pretty little glass cake stand with a lid to hold the traditional round cakes.
So that's my recap of my first day on the road to balance. Today I've got to do laundry, which will pretty much take all day, so I've decided that my only goals are to do my beginner's upper body Tai Chi workout with my Chi ball (I always feel so relaxed afterwards!) and to get my bathtub and shower surround scrubbed down. I'm sure I'll do more, but the bathtub is pressing on me to get it done, and the Tai Chi is something that I want to do to teach myself to ALWAYS make time for myself.

No comments: