Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday

Today was good, surprisingly enough. The boys were out of school today for Veteran's Day, so we all slept in and got up just before 10:00AM. I woke up with a pretty bad headache, so after doing a little bit of my computer work (i.e., checking & answering e-mails, saving & renaming images) I decided to go ahead and do my Tai Chi workout to see if it would ease up my head. I ended up relaxed with a headache *giggle*. I caved in, then, popping a couple of Excedrin Migraine and drinking a glass of ice water.

After a while I realized that even the medicine wasn't cutting it, and decided I needed a good long soak in the tub. I couldn't bring myself to soak in the tub without scrubbing the toilet and bleaching & mopping the floor, first, so I stuck in and got to work. I then rewarded myself with a good, long soak in a clean tub, in a clean bathroom with a candle and a great book (New Moon, for those interested). When I finally emerged I was headacheless and completely relaxed. YAY!

It's funny how something as simple as a headache can force you to take care of yourself and make you feel so happy and content. I didn't manage to finish knitting the hat from yesterday yet - I'm having attention issues with it. It's getting there, though, so no worries. I'd say that, all in all, it's been a very productive day for my stress-level. Hopefully I'll remember to take the time to soak in the tub next time when I don't have a headache and just need a little time for myself - that's what this journey of mine is all about, after all, remembering who I am and what makes me happy.

Hugs & chocolate~

Jenn

No comments: