Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday

No Tai Chi for me, today. I was too busy. The hubby was off work, so I got to run around with him. It made the day more pleasurable by far.

We started off at 8:30AM, heading to the vet to drop our Boxer, Lady, off for her second chemotherapy treatment. After that, we had to head off about 50 miles in the other direction to get some groceries and stop by Kohl's to snag a new dress belt for our 16 year old.

I had to be at the doctor's office for a physical at 1:00PM, which lasted WAY too long. So long, in fact, that my hubby sat in the waiting room making calls to get someone to pick up our 8 year old from the bus stop. He took care of it all for me, though, so when I came out of the doctor with semi-possible-bad news I had no other worries. My tests all came back clean, which is always good - to find out you are breast & cervical cancer free, but the doctor wants me to come back Tuesday for a pelvic ultrasound. Apparantly she's afraid that the stress my body is under isn't all due to stress. I'm a little worried, but not as much as you'd think I'd be.

It seems that this journey is opening my eyes to different points of view, and today showed me that. I know that, even if something bad turns up at the ultrasound, I'm taking the right steps for me. That brings with it a serenity that I've been missing for so long. I'm so far from the end of the road - and I realize it. I know I've barely started and that there are going to be a myriad of failures on my part along the way. The thing is, though, that I know I'm doing the right thing. I know that sometime in the future I'm going to sit down to make a list of what makes me happy and it's going to be things that make ME happy, and not everyone else around me. Anything bad that gets tossed my way I'll handle. What more can I do?

No comments: