Tuesday, April 14, 2009

If it ain't broke . . .

you know the rest. So do I. Which is why I wonder why on earth I tried to "fix-it" last week. I've known from the first few weeks of this diet that there was a certain breakfast that helped me out. For some reason I lost more weight on the weeks that I didn't vary my breakfast than I did when I tried to have something else.

My secret? Egg whites. Three of them - every morning. With either a bowl of hot cereal, like oatmeal or Cream of Wheat; or, a slice of low sodium turkey bacon and some fresh fruit. As long as I could consume my egg whites everything went along smoothly.

Last week, though, I strayed. My hubby was on vacation, and it was easier (read: faster) to just grab a granola bar, or a slice of whole wheat toast with some peanut butter on it. Doesn't sound bad, does it? WRONG! Not only did I plateau and not lose any weight last week, but I was constantly hungry! I realized yesterday morning that the only real dietary changes that I had made were the omission of my 3 egg whites, so I got back on them yesterday for breakfast.

The results? I got on the Wii Fit this morning - as I do every morning - and had dropped 1.2 pounds since yesterday! Hmmm, I don't think I'll be turning away from my egg whites again anytime soon - apparently they do this body good.

Now, to generalize this for all my Fittie friends - find what works for you. Play around a bit and you'll see that there is one food in your diet that helps you more than the others. The human body has an amazing capacity to know what it needs. It can't tell you, however. It's up to you to figure it out - so get busy! Figure out what your diet is lacking that is causing your body to crave and then add it in to your daily regime. You'll be stunned by the results!

Oh, as I said before, I'm now posting my food journal exculsively on Fitting It In, so if you want to have a peek feel free!

No comments: