Monday, April 13, 2009

Week 8 Weigh-In

Well, I flopped. Last week was just a train wreck for me! The hubby was on vacation, which was great, but it also meant that I was much busier than normal. The result? Continually making the wrong, albeit easy, food choices - which left me in a constant state of hunger. I finally caved in last night and did some major emotional eating. Enough that what was a .5 pound loss for the week turned into me breaking dead even.

I know, I know, it could have been much worse. I could have gained. I could be back over 200, instead of still below it. I'm trying hard not to beat myself up over it, but I'm having a hard time of it, so I'm going to list the positives of my self-imposed plateau.
  1. I managed to go on vacation and NOT gain weight. I made the best choices available during the trip.
  2. I got to spend 10 days of quality time with my hubby and accomplish a lot of the outside work we needed to get done.
  3. I got to watch the Cincinnati Reds thrash the NY Mets - all from 200 feet behind home plate!
  4. I'm still a heck of a lot healthier than I was 8 weeks ago!
There. Amazingly enough I feel better now. Now to get back to it and do this thing right! Goals for the week are going to be to have fun with the boys, who are on spring break; drink plenty of water, which I've been doing great on but want to continue; LOSE some weight, instead of staying the same; and do my Tai Chi at least 3 times.

One little thing - I met a goal last week! I managed to wean myself away from sugar in my coffee, sticking to just a bit of non-dairy creamer. Go me!!

No comments: