Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm still alive...

but real life has attacked full force this week. Baseball games, puppy training, household chores (most of which have been ignored) - I don't know which way to turn first!

On the craft front, I found out Sunday afternoon that I had to have an afghan done for a wedding shower on May 16th. That's ample time; however, I've joined the Harry Potter Knit/Crochet House Cup on Ravelry, and the first day of classes is Friday! I can't have such a huge project on my plate with this starting, which means that I have until Thursday night/Friday morning to crank this thing out. I chose the Kitties in a Row afghan, by Beverly A. Qualheim. It's a fast one, to be sure. The pattern repeat is simple enough that I don't have to keep referencing it, and I don't have to focus my energy on counting - rows OR stitches. I started on it Sunday night, and am now around 35% on it, though I haven't been home much to work on it. Fingers crossed that I can get it done!

Here's a close-up pic of the kittehs. Can you see them?












I'm also working on Herringbone Slouch, by CanarySanctuary. These are my "Oh, wow, ANOTHER baseball game" project, as they're more portable and warm-weather friendly than the afghan. I'm almost halfway through the second one, and can't wait to cast them off and get them blocked!








I also just realized that I didn't post my weekly weight loss on Monday! I was only down .2 pounds from last week - but, hey, a loss is a loss!! I'm a little better than that now, so as long as I keep going down I'm pleased.

Time to go for now, though - laundry is calling and then I have to get back on the crochet wagon.

Hugs & chocolate~

Jenn

No comments: