Monday, May 4, 2009

Week 11 Weigh-In

Wow, what a week! I'm so excited, because I lost 2.2 pounds this week.

This is a big deal, since Saturday was our eleventh wedding anniversary. I took the day off dieting, and we went to Red Lobster and A-T-E. I was miserable I ate so much. I needed it, though. It has made me appreciate the healthy way my new way of eating makes me feel.

I've now lost over 10% of my body weight, and am just under a third of the way to my final goal! *does the happy dance all OVER the place*

I'll end this by sharing a new recipe I came up with a little while back. I made it again this past week and was reminded of how good it was, so I figured I'd put it out there for whoever is interested.

Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Pine Nut & Garlic Spinach

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 of a red bell pepper, diced
1/2 of a small red onion, diced
10 Kalamata olives, chopped
16 oz. package of frozen spinach
1/4 cup pine nuts
4 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt & pepper to taste

  1. Preheat your indoor grill (an outdoor grill cooks too slowly, taking away the flavors).
  2. Using a meat tenderizer, pound out the chicken to 1/4" thick.
  3. Combine the feta cheese, diced red bell pepper and red onion, and Kalamata olives in a bowl.
  4. Divide evenly between the chicken breasts, being careful not to overstuff.
  5. Fold the chicken up so that the stuffing will stay inside when cooked.
  6. Cook the chicken on the indoor grill until cooked through.
  7. Combine the frozen spinach, pine nuts, and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl.
  8. Cover and microwave according to the package directions.
  9. When done, divide the spinach evenly between four plates.
  10. Place a stuffed chicken breast on top of the spinach on each plate.
This is an incredibly easy dinner to make that even my picky 9-YO loves! From beginning to end it only takes me about 45 minutes to prepare and cook. Let me know what you think, and more importantly, ENJOY!!

No comments: