Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Laundry Lottery!

Last Tuesday I had something horrible happen. Tuesday is my laundry day. I trekked back and forth to and from the laundry room dutifully. Sorting, washing, drying, folding. Then I got to my dark load and everything came to a halt. You see there was something sticky ALL over everyone's clothing. Something that used to be green. Something that smelled like sour apple. Still clueless? Well, it was what turned out to be 6 pieces of Double Bubble Sour Apple chewing gum. They had gone through my washer and dryer, where they had melted and - much like Voldemort's soul fragment attaching itself to Harry's forehead - become one with my load of clothes.

So, it's now Tuesday again and - you guessed it! - I'm doing laundry. I was determined this week, however, to NOT have a repeat episode. Last weeks almost sent me into a stroke. I was diligently sorting clothes and checking every pocket this morning when I had this idea...

LAUNDRY LOTTERY!!

I mean, c'mon! We've ALL washed gum, frog spawn, rocks, marbles . . . the list goes on and on. We've also all told ourselves, over and over again, that we won't ever forget to check pockets again. *snorts* Yeah, right, like we're never gonna go into a daze sorting and forget to do that again.

Here's the rules:
  1. Every week on your laundry day make a pile of your "winnings". This can be either in a pocket OR just mixed in with the laundry.
  2. After you've emptied every pocket and basket take a photo of your "winnings".
  3. Do a blog post with the subject "Laundry Lottery" and including the picture of your "winnings" and an itemized list. (It's okay to leave embarrassing items off the list and out of the picture, if you wish)
  4. Link back to this original post somewhere on your blog so that others can join in and know the rules!
  5. Make sure to tag your posts with Laundry Lottery.
  6. Comment here so that I can follow your blog and see what you "win"!
To start it all off, here is my Laundry Lottery for this week:


My itemized list is, going from left to right:
  1. 2 hairnets
  2. $0.55 USD
  3. One Strawberries 'n Creme CremeSaver
  4. Once croc, which had been missing for 4 days.
Okay, folks, hit me with your best shot!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! That's genius. I'll try to remember to participate next laundry day. :D

SuperJenn said...

I'll look forward to seeing what you "win", dear! *glomps*

Naomi said...

Dang it, I just, just did my laundry! pft. But I'm totally up for this. My son is always good for something. :D

kreachr said...

Well, I didn't quite follow the rules exactly, but I did link to your blog in the post before my current one which has the pic of my 'winnings' - found at:

http://kreachr.at.jessep.co.nz/2009/09/ummm-dunno.html

(Sorry, I don't know how to link a site in a comment). The good thing about this is it's actually getting me checking pockets, which is something I never used to do!! Thanks... I think :-/