Friday, November 5, 2010

Goodreads | Review - Mockingjay

Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Wow...just...wow. I started into this book with more than a little reluctance. The reviews I'd heard were mixed, but the one recurring theme was that it was "unexpected". It was. Far from being a negative, though, I found it to be bold, daring, refreshing, and (most importantly) REAL. From the very first page this book deviated far off the path I thought had been set up in the first two books. Just like life. We can sit and think out what we want to happen from here to kingdom come; yet, life always surprises us.

I feel that the negative reviews on this book are coming more from the current state of mind of today's society, rather than anything deserved. Things are becoming too disposable. If something happens that we don't like, that deviates from what we deem appropriate, we cast it off. How fair is that, really? If you are the reader of this book you are just that...the READER. It is not YOUR story, but the authors. So rather than publicly castrate her work, her words, her STORY, perhaps you should read it and enjoy it as a work of art. If you're still upset because it didn't end in the outcome you wanted or expected then there is a solution for that...write your own story.



View all my reviews

No comments: