Well, you're wrong...I *make* them, not *eat* them!
Peanut butter bon-bons, to be specific. From an old, family recipe for peanut butter Easter eggs, of all things. Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?
Well, I thought I'd share this gem of a recipe with you, too. Make some, share them, ENJOY them!
Great Grandma Susie's Peanut Butter Bon-Bons
- 1 pound (approx. 3½ cups) of 10x sugar
- 2 Tbsp. evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1½ bags of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable shortening
- Line 2 large cookie sheets with wax paper.
- Mix the 10x sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla, butter, and peanut butter until well-blended.
- Roll the mixture into 48 1-inch balls and space evenly between the cookie sheets.
- Place the balls in the freezer to set while melting the chocolate.
- Using a double boiler melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips and vegetable shortening, stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
- Using a fork, or kebab skewers, dip each ball into the chocolate quickly, coating completely.
- Place the coated candy back on the cookie sheet.
- Repeate steps 6 & & until all 4 dozen balls are coated with chocolate.
- Allow to set up completely.
- Store in an airtight container.