Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gimpy Gargoyles!

Yesterday I played in one of my flower beds. It's still a little early, but I saw that the weather was supposed to turn rainy for the rest of the week...plus I had three heads of garlic to be planted that were sprouting in the house...so I decided to go ahead and indulge myself.

Old man winter wasn't very friendly to my garden decor, as you can tell from the title of this post. I discovered my beloved gargoyle with a shattered wing. Depressing, but at least I have an excuse to go shopping...my garden can NOT be without a gargoyle!

I'm starting slow this year, as I'm not convinced we've seen the last of snow and frost, so I only cleaned out the smallest bed. I figure the rest can wait, and their inhabitants aren't as tough as in this bed. Still, even with the rough winter we had, my thinning has produced a plethora of goodies to hand out to my local friends and family!


After an hour and a half I had a much tidier bed, complete with about 9 square feet of garlic planted...and the feeling of organic matter under my nails for the first time in months was oh-so soothing to my winter weary soul!

Now I just have to get through the rest of this soggy week so that I can have another dry day to tackle another bed...

No comments: