Friday, March 18, 2011

Possible Project Musings...


Two days ago I got my Spring/Summer 2011 (click the issue link to see their Fashion Preview) issue of Vogue Knitting in the mail. See the picture to the right? That's from their website, and is the object of my current fascination. To see a closer view of the stitch pattern, as well as the back of the garment you can click this link and see another photo from their website.


The name of the pattern is "Eyelet Wrap Top". In my mind, however, I see it a little different. Lengthening the pattern repeat between the smocked ruffle and the bottom of the hip until this becomes a pretty, pullover wrap dress that ends just above the knee. As for the yarn? The pattern calls for a worsted weight, mercerized cotton.
Yeah, I'm not a fan of mercerized cotton. It just feels stiff to me. Knit Picks, however, has their "Shine", which is a blend of pima cotton and natural beech wood fiber. It's modestly priced, which is always a plus, and they even have the colors I saw in my mind's eye when I pictured the dress! I'm leaning toward's either Robot or Wisteria. Either of these would pair will with silver, kitten heel, strappy sandals to make a gorgeous dress outfit.


No comments: