Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Couch to 5K - Week 1 Day 2

I had an easier time today. I again warmed up with a 5 minute 3MPH walk. This time, however, I managed to do the first 4 of 8 jogging segments at 4.5 MPH, segments 5 & 6 at 4.3MPH, and the last 2 segments at 4MPH. I cooled down with 3 minutes at 3MPH, 1 minute at 2.5 MPH, and 1 minute at 2MPH. I also didn't feel like I was going to give up this time. I knew I'd get through it. Thanks to my extra pushing on the jogs I burned about 20 more calories this time. Not too shabby, right?

What worries me, though, is that I really didn't enjoy what I was doing this time. There was no sense of pride when I was done. I just felt tired, hot, shaky, and quite sick to my stomach. I couldn't stand the thought of sitting, so I refilled my water bottle and folded a load of laundry before I typed this. I'm hoping that it's just because my body is exhausted from dealing with the bee sting I got the other day. I'm allergic to them, and even after several days on Benadryl the sting site is still red, swollen, and itchy. Of course I also woke up exhausted this morning, and graced with a not too good mood.

I did it though. I came, I jogged, I conquered, and all that rot. Now I'm going to throw a load of towels in the wash, make a cup of holy basil herbal tea, and sit on the porch in the sunshine for a few minutes. Maybe that will put some pep back in my step. I've got a lot of failed deadlines pressing on me, though, so it may not be too effective. One can always hope for an upswing!

No comments: