Thursday, April 19, 2012

Review: City of Ashes


City of Ashes
City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This book was much stronger, for me, than its predecessor. There were twists and turns that I could have ever seen coming; yet, they now make perfect sense with the theme of the story. The characters grew and developed in realistic ways, and their maturing is tinged with angst and sadness in a close-to-life manner. This book had more heartbreak and uncertainty than the first; however, there were funny one-liners thrown in here and there which did a wonderful job of keeping the fog of depression from ever settling completely around my shoulders. All in all it was an engaging, captivating story. One that sent me reaching for the next book in the series as soon as I closed its cover for the final time.



View all my reviews

No comments: