Friday, April 20, 2012

Dear Body,

I'm so sorry for the way I've treated you these past two weeks. It's unfair to ignore your needs for convenience, then still expect you to give me maximum output.

I ignored the signs of allergy strain via ear infection that you sent me, choosing instead to use the drops just long enough for the pain and swelling to go away. An oath is pledged now that I will restart the drops this very morning, and finish the full course.

I've dumped toxic sludge into you by way of pre-processed, non-existent nutritional value, loaded with simple carbohydrates "quick meals" that have you feeling sticky and like you're moving through molasses. Then, to add insult to injury, I've ignored your need for agua for way too much coffee, with spurts of pink lemonade thrown in. Starting this morning I'll get you back on the right track. An abundance of hydration is the first order of the day, so it's back to one cup of morning coffee. I'm cleaning out the Refrigerator of Doom before breakfast, so that my excuse of not being able to find anything healthy to cook is no longer valid. Keep your eyes open for fresh fruits, vegetables, and leafy greens today...I hope you enjoy!

As for the exercise that you crave and enjoy (though the brain doesn't enjoy it a bit I know that you, Body, do!) I have chosen, instead, to breeze past the treadmill and heavy bag. Turn a blind eye to my Tai Chi, Yoga, and Pilates. Then I tackle labor intensive jobs that leave you sore, scratched, aching, cramping, and exhausted. These chores have to be done, and I apologize for that, but from today on they will only be done AFTER you have been properly exercised. I will also not be so stubborn about taking the time to tend to your aches and pains. I realize that we both loathe medicinal intervention so I will make sure to use my herbal teas and holistic remedies to soothe you back to a feeling of calmness.

I do love you, Body. It's you and me until the end, and I should treat you with the respect that you deserve. I'm but a weak soul, however, so please know that these slip-ups are a result of such and have nothing to do with us being enemies in any way. Perhaps from now on I can do a better job of showing you just how important you are to me.

With Highest Regards,    

The Soul Which You House
xoxoxoxoxo

No comments: