Monday, July 16, 2012

Review: The Vincent Boys


The Vincent Boys
The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I loved this book! So much so that the only thing keeping me from giving it a five-star rating were the glaring grammatical errors that self-published books seem to have.

Your rather than you're, contractions with missing apostrophes, and choosing the wrong synonym ran rampant throughout this book. I found at least ten of these errors, and it was infuriating! It completely takes away from the rhythm of the story. My eyes immediately jump back to the error, and I always end up having to reread the sentence correctly before I can continue.

I'm not a perfectionist and am well aware and fine with the fact that just about every book out there has a small mistake or two that are overlooked by editors. Almost a dozen, however, is inexcusable. If you're an author, a writer, you should know the difference between y-o-u-r and y-o-u-'-r-e for Heaven's sake!

I'm so sad about this review. This story line was wonderful and the pacing was good. The characters were likable and realistic, and the love triangle was true-to-life without being predictable and overdone. With proper editing I have no doubt that this book could easily become coveted among the teenage girl/young adult woman demographic. In its current state, however, it is destined to remain a cheap to free e-book.



View all my reviews

No comments: