Saturday, January 5, 2013

Review: White Witch


White Witch
White Witch by Trish Milburn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I loved this book! So much so that I contemplated giving it a ***** rating. The only thing holding me back from doing so is the fact that I reserve my highest ratings for books that fundamentally change my life, and this did not reach that standard. Even still, I adored the story, the characters, and everything in between!

What first snagged my attention was the heroine of the story, who possesses incredible strength of character. She's tough, she's smart, she doesn't give up, and she lets no one push her around. In a world where I see teen girls thinking that they are nothing unless they have the "love" of a boy this was SUCH a welcome diversion! Sure she falls, and falls hard, for the hero of this story; however, she maintains her individuality and commitment to her life and quest. By the time I was far enough into the story to discover all of the Joss Whedon references I was long-past hooked, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that they made my little Geek Girl heart race triple speed!

This is the first book in The Coven Series, followed by , and . These books are also available now, and I will be buying them. The price, however, is a little deterrent. $8.49 for an e-book is a little steep, in my opinion. After checking my library website, and my usual paperback book supplier I have found that the books are not available to me in a less expensive format. While this won't keep me from purchasing them - Yes, I DO like the series that much! - it will make me take my time in doing so.

To sum it up, if you're a Geek Girl at heart and love an honest-to-goodness strong teen girl character this book is for you. If you like a supernatural story line, mystery, and action this book is for you. If you're one of the teen girls I mentioned about that think you need a boyfriend in order to feel worthwhile you NEED this book. Go on...NOW! Read it!!



View all my reviews

No comments: