Monday, March 23, 2009

Week 5 Weigh-In

I get up every morning and do the Body Test on my Wii Fit. I've noticed over the past week that my weight was fluctuating quite a bit from day to day, even though I was doing the test at the same time each morning! I'm thinking, though, that it's just the result of being a girl. I actually lost more weight this week than I have any other week since I began this journey. That being said...

drum roll, please.....................................

I'm down another 3.1 pounds! SQUEE!! That brings my total weight loss at the end of 5 weeks to 14.4 pounds. Wow. That even impresses me!

It also makes me wonder just why I failed every other time I've tried to lose this weight over the past 6 years. When it wasn't such a large amount, but only 20 pounds, only 30. Why could I not make the commitment stick then? Instead, like an idiot, I sit around bemoaning the illness that caused the weight gain until it becomes almost insurmountable. I've only got one thing to say to that - I am a DUMB ASS!

Oh, well, c' est la vie, right? I did it, can't change it, and have learned a lot about myself in the process. I've also learned a lot about the human body - how to read the signals that scream STOP! at the top of their lungs, yet are oh so easily ignored. I guess that may just be the reason that all of this happened. To teach me how to listen to my body and quit pushing it so hard.

Anyway, as I enter into my 6th week I find myself happy and content with the routine I've established. I'm much more active, don't tire out as much. My skin is clearer, my hair is shinier, and I'm just generally happy now. The gray cloud that hovered over me is still there - it will be until the weight is gone - but I've pulled ahead of it now and it's just trying to catch up. It can try all it wants, but it's not going to. I'm determined this time, and the longer I stay on track the more determined I find myself becoming. Okay, so goals...
  1. The ever-present "exercise more". I've increased my activities A LOT, especially over the past week. The return of beautiful weather has helped, I've spent time 3 different days playing in my garden - affectionately named "The Burrow" - preparing it for spring blooms. The thing is, as I increase my activity, the more energy I have! Why not use it to be up and about more?
  2. I still need to work on drinking more water. Especially this week. I've woken up the past 2 mornings with severe sinus issues, and I think that hydrating more during the day would really help this. I'll let you know!
  3. Because of the sinus issues I'm having my 3rd goal is a little step away from the norm. I want to focus this week on taking better care of myself. I'm eating good, I'm exercising, but I've been awful about getting enough sleep! I'm getting older now, and going to bed at 1 AM and popping back up at 5:45 AM to get the boys to school and the hubby off to work is just not good enough any more! I've been exhausted for DAYS now, and I'm afraid that if I don't challenge myself to get it in hand that I'll end up sick.
Alright, that's if for this week's goals. Fingers crossed that I'll reach my first benchmark either this week, or next!

Hugs & chocolate~

Jenn

No comments: