Friday, March 6, 2009

What's this? A non-weight related post!

I've been working on Monkeys this week. Socks that is, from this pattern that was featured on knitty.com. I used Sock Love yarn - spun & dyed by my dear friend the Craftborg. Alright, that takes care of all of the credits, I think... so onto the socks!

I am lovin' these babies - they are snuggly, soft, warm and absolutely made of WIN!







I've now cast on the Op Hat, a pattern I got on Ravelry. I'm using Knit Picks Swish DK in Hollyberry and Maple Leaf, and a set of US/5 16" Knit Picks Harmony circulars.

I'm not overly thrilled with the yarn at this point. On my monitor the Maple Leaf looked to be a lovely orange that would offset the Hollyberry. In reality? It is red. Very red. Cherry red. It doesn't look bad, in fact it's very interesting. I just had my heart set on orange and burgundy...

No comments: