That being said, I've come up with a great light lunch that allows me the guilty pleasure of eating Mexican without busting up my diet!
This is a cheese quesadilla and guacamole. The total Weight Watcher's points value of this plate full of ooey-gooey goodness is 7. That's right, folks! That got me to thinking that I should probably share the wealth, so to speak, and let folks know what I used.
Cheese Quesadilla1 whole wheat tortilla
1/3 cup Weight Watcher's shredded Mexican cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil cooking spray
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray, and heat to medium heat.
- Lay the whole wheat tortilla on the skillet, and cover with shredded cheese.
- Taking care not to burn yourself, gently fold the tortilla in half.
- Let brown, then flip and brown the other side.
- Serve hot with 1/4 cup of homemade guacamole (recipe below).
Guacamole3 ripe avocados
1 ripe tomato, seeded & diced
1/4 of a small red onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lime, zested & juiced
2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped fine
Salt & pepper to taste
- Pit, peel & mash the avocados in a medium bowl.
- Add the lime zest and juice, red onion, garlic, cilantro, salt & pepper and mix well.
- Gently fold in the tomato.
- Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
Make sure to leave me a comment if you try this recipe out and like it!