Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A yummy way to eat healthy!

One of the hardest things for me to give up during this diet has been Mexican food. I have always been an ethnic foods type of gal, and Mexican has always been my first love.

That being said, I've come up with a great light lunch that allows me the guilty pleasure of eating Mexican without busting up my diet!


This is a cheese quesadilla and guacamole. The total Weight Watcher's points value of this plate full of ooey-gooey goodness is 7. That's right, folks! That got me to thinking that I should probably share the wealth, so to speak, and let folks know what I used.

Cheese Quesadilla
1 whole wheat tortilla
1/3 cup Weight Watcher's shredded Mexican cheese
Extra Virgin Olive Oil cooking spray

  1. Spray a skillet with cooking spray, and heat to medium heat.
  2. Lay the whole wheat tortilla on the skillet, and cover with shredded cheese.
  3. Taking care not to burn yourself, gently fold the tortilla in half.
  4. Let brown, then flip and brown the other side.
  5. Serve hot with 1/4 cup of homemade guacamole (recipe below).
Guacamole
3 ripe avocados
1 ripe tomato, seeded & diced
1/4 of a small red onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lime, zested & juiced
2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped fine
Salt & pepper to taste

  1. Pit, peel & mash the avocados in a medium bowl.
  2. Add the lime zest and juice, red onion, garlic, cilantro, salt & pepper and mix well.
  3. Gently fold in the tomato.
  4. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
If this isn't quite enough food for you, Progresso has now come out with some wonderful new soups that are zero Weight Watcher's points! One that would be good is their Santa Fe Vegetable.

Make sure to leave me a comment if you try this recipe out and like it!

No comments: