Monday, April 6, 2009

Week 7 Weigh-In

I knew when I started this journey that I would have to set-up little successes along the way to celebrate- to keep me from getting bored and/or distracted. For my first mini-goal I really wanted to get below 200 pounds. That always felt like the point of doom for me - even when I was initially putting on the weight. I remember thinking "I'm okay, I'm still under 200." Then, when I crept past 200, I felt like all hope was lost. It just stood to reason that getting back below that mark would be my first goal.

I'm very ecstatic, today, to report that I finally reached my first mini-goal! I weighed in with a 3.3 pound loss, bringing my current weight to 199.1 pounds. If you could see me right now, you'd see the biggest smile - albeit a watery one because I feel like crying a bit, too. I just feel so relieved! Alright, moving right along to goals for this week.

Number one will be getting used to a new daily points value. Getting below 200 means that I have to drop 2 points from my daily total - down to 24 from 26. This shouldn't be too hard, as I usually find myself having to force something else in in the evening just to meet my points.

Number two will be to try, yet again, to ween myself off of my evening coffee. I'm really having a problem with this, as I love my after dinner coffee immensely. Any pointers or tips in this area will be greatly appreciated.

Number three will simply be to keep myself healthy! Spring allergies are displaying themselves in all of their wicked glory. Add to that the fact that my hubby is on vacation this week and we're doing a lot of hard, physical, outside work and I'm already feeling drained. Not good, as he still has another week before he has to report back to work. I'm just going to have to listen to my body and quit when I need to. I'm making sure to stay hydrated, and to take my vitamins daily - I just hope that's enough to keep me from getting too rundown!

Well, I think that is more than enough to get on with for this week. Anymore than that, with everything I've already got on my plate, and I'll fail on some of them and beat myself up.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

kimberly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Keep up the great work! Mini goals are the best way to stay motivated!

SuperJenn said...

Thanks so much! I'm still all cheesy at 4:30 this afternoon!!